Reactive Repairs Service – Emergency Repairs Provision Only
Our contractors, DLES, are continuing to provide a repairs service, however, we have taken the decision to limit this to EMERGENCY repairs only. Please be aware that this might alter if their staffing levels reduce due to the continuing spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please contact us on: 01555 665316, and select option 1, if you have an emergency in your home. Our list of emergency repairs are as follows:
• significant leaks from water or heating pipes, tanks or cisterns where the tenant is unable to stem the flow;
• significant water ingress to property where the tenant is unable to stem the ingress;
• choked toilet (where there is only one toilet in house);
• Toilet unable to flush (where there is only one toilet in the house)
• Full loss of lighting (check no appliance has tripped)
• Full loss of power (where no power cut in the area and all appliances have been checked by tenant)
• Unsafe electrical power or lighting socket, or electrical fitting
• Unsecured external door or window on a lower level (cannot be locked from outside & inside)
• no heating;
• no hot water (where there is no shower in the property)
• no water supply (no water coming from taps);
• Repairs to showers where there is no bath available
• broken windows;
Please be aware to continue to ensure the safety of our staff, tenants and contractors, we will not deviate from this list.
When you call us about your emergency repair, we will ask you questions about your current situation and whether you are self-isolating so we can understand how best to protect you and your family, as well as the member of staff that attends your home.
Please be patient with us while we ask these questions. These are required to protect the health and wellbeing of you, our staff and our contractors, which is essential in allowing us to maintain services.
If it is deemed essential that a contractor does attend your home, they will:
• Ask some further questions when they call you to arrange access
• Ask some further questions when at the front door of your property
• Wear appropriate PPE such as a face mask and gloves before entering your home
• Ask you to stay in another room while they carry out the repair to ensure appropriate social distancing is adhered to
• Ask you if they can wash their hands before and after the visit
We kindly ask you to minimise interaction with our tradespeople as they carry out your repair. It is imperative that you stay in another room while they are in your home. All tradespeople will show you identification when they arrive at your home. When the works are complete, the tradespeople will advise you that they have finished and will see themselves out. By following these steps, we believe that we are minimising the risk of infection but still maintaining an emergency service.
Please call 01555 665316 and select option 1, to tell us that your repair is complete and that the tradesperson has now left your home.
We will be reviewing our working practices on a daily basis, in line with the latest government guidance, so the best way to keep up to date with us is to use the following means:
t: 01555 665316
Or check our Facebook page: clydesdalehousingassociation